- The handle being of machined plastic material does not transfer shock to the user’s hand.
- The handle has “give” which serves as a governor for the stroke power.
- The head radius will lift the dent and blend with a glancing motion (rather than direct blows).
- The head’s brass body brings great balance and power to the stroke.
- The head face material has forgiveness which keeps one from peening the surface when lifting.
- The head material is ideal for blending. It is polished to facilitate glancing blows without leaving a trace.
- Our design yields appropriate weight, smart balance, and great feel.
- JLS dent hammers are intended to be used with light force applied over numerous blows to gently restore the original shape rather than reforming the part as a metal hammer may.
This is a professional grade tool, built to last, in our Charlotte, NC USA workshop with a JLS Lifetime Guarantee.
Wipe the hammer clean after each use so that it does not accumulate lacquer, brass or silver – all of which can imbed in the plastic and possibly scratch your work. Don’t use the hammer on any sharp object which may scratch or mar the face of the hammer. To remove imperfections in the hammer face, sand with 400g wet/dry paper, then polish/buff with a plastic compound.