- When Economy is selected most packages will be shipped via USPS.
- When Ground shipping is selected most packages will ship Fed Ex Ground.
- Since we are on the East Coast, customers on the West Coast may be best served by 2nd Day Service.
- All pricing is net FOB Charlotte, NC.
- We do not ship COD.
- We accept orders via our online store or by phone, fax or email.
- We gladly sell to school system repair shops with a valid written purchase order.
- We gladly accept VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards. This includes debit, corporate, and government cards. Cards are charged at the time of order.
- We accept PayPal on our site.
- First time international orders greater than $150 will require a Bank Wire. After the initial order, we will accept credit cards as listed above.
Quantity and Dealer Pricing
- Some items we sell are available at a discount allowing for resale by licensed music stores and repair shops. Dealer pricing can be viewed by logging in with the password linked to your account.
- We require a copy of a valid business license in order to be eligible for dealer pricing. Please email this to us with a request for a dealer account.
- Most supply items are priced individually. Some items including pads may have substantial discounts available when buying in quantities.
- Tools are typically priced at net without any dealer discount. Exceptions may occur in items that are intended for possible resale, e.g. spring hooks.
- Open account customers agree to pay each invoice within 30 days of the invoice date. Invoices not paid on time will incur a finance charge of 1-½% per month (18% annual) plus any collection fees. Open account customers that abuse this privilege will be restored to COD status without notification.
- The returned check charge is $25.00.
- We are not applying open account status for new clients. If you have been a net 30 customer, you should be able to order with this payment method on the website. Contact us if there are any difficulties.
- If you are not fully satisfied with any of our products, you may return the item for a refund of the purchase amount. We will not refund any return until we have received the product. The product must be in original “as sold” condition returned freight prepaid. We must receive the item within 30 days of the invoice date. Refund amount will be for the price paid for the item only and will not include any freight charge. Please contact us to obtain an RA.
- When dealing with natural products such as pads and cork, you must accept or reject the entire order. You may not return only the portion that does not meet your specifications.
J.L. Smith brand tools are guaranteed for life against breakage or defects. Just return the defective tool to us and we’ll repair or replace it free of charge. Most other tools are warranted by the manufacturer to be free from manufacturing defects for a period of one year. If a product is found to be defective within the warranty period due to manufacturing defects, it will be repaired or replaced, at our discretion, at no charge, provided the product is returned to us freight prepaid. This warranty is not extended to items of limited life expectancy such as leak light lamps.
We hate backorders too! We do everything we can to eliminate them, but sometimes our efforts may not be enough.
- Backorders will be shipped as soon as the product is available.
- If you do not want any product backordered, please let us know at the time the order is placed.
- Backorders less than $20.00 may be cancelled by us.
- Backorders will be cancelled on international orders.
- Backorders over 90 days will be cancelled unless you have instructed us otherwise.
- We are not responsible for carrier delays
- We reserve the right to allocate our products as we think appropriate in the event of limited availability.
- All specifications are subject to change.
- Any invoice discrepancies must be brought to our attention within 10 days of receipt.
- We have made every effort to be accurate and complete in our description of products and their application. We regret any errors and appreciate you calling them to our attention. We do not accept any liability for such mistakes.
- We are required by law to charge CA, NC, and MI sales tax for any items delivered within those states unless we have a valid exemption form on file. Buyer is responsible for any sales and use tax liabilities outside of those jurisdictions.
- Buyer acknowledges that serious injury including death may occur from the improper use or handling of our products. Buyer accepts all liabilities resulting from the storage, use and disposal of any product purchased and is responsible for complying with all applicable laws. Neither J L. Smith nor its employees shall be liable for damages of any kind.
- MSDS information is available for hazardous materials on request.
We will not sell, trade, or rent your information to third party businesses or marketing companies!
Registering with J.L. Smith enables you to more quickly make your purchase without having to enter your data over and over again. It also allows you to receive the latest news and information from J.L. Smith including intermittent promotions geared to your organization and needs, access to free samples, information kits, instructional videos, a free subscription to the J.L. Smith newsletter, as well as premium customer support.
How Do We Use the Information You Provide Us?
We may use any information you provide us within our own company for marketing and research purposes. We may also use information about your product preferences to send special offers or items we believe you might be interested in via email, postcards or brochures. You may elect to be removed from our mailing list by written request sent by email to [email protected] or mailed to J.L. Smith, 901 Blairhill Rd., Suite 400, Charlotte, NC 28217.
We retain the right to release your personal information to proper authorities when required by law or when we, in good faith, believe that we must release the information in order to: (a) satisfy a legal order or comply with legal process; (b) defend the rights of J.L. Smith, its affiliates or business partners; or (c) protect the personal safety of J.L. Smith employees, agents, affiliates, business partners, customers or site users.
How can you Change your Profile information?
We strive to maintain only accurate data on all of our customers and web site users. If you find errors in any of your personal information, please notify us in one of the following ways, and we will be happy to correct it.
1. Edit your registration information online by clicking on the My Account button in the e-commerce section of the site.
2. Send an email with your corrections to [email protected]
3. Mail your changes to:
J.L. Smith & Co.
901 Blairhill Rd., Suite 400
Charlotte, NC 28217
4. Or call us at toll free at: 800.659.6073
Technology Used To Protect Your Privacy
We use the latest SSL Server Certified 128-bit encryption to protect your data. J.L. Smith protects you and your information by using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL transparently encrypts the data between your browser and our server, so we can better process credit card orders, protect sensitive personal information.
Cookies and Your Privacy?
There are two main types of cookies that can be transmitted via a web page interaction.
1. Transient cookie: This puts data into the temporary memory of your browser to convey information (if you are filling out an order form for example) from one screen to the next. This type of cookie only lasts as long as your browser is open (or it can time out at about 20 -120 minutes or so). Once you close your browser this cookie disappears and is gone for good.
2. Persistent Cookies: these are bits of data that are stored on your machine’s hard drive. These can be used to store ID’s, logins, passwords, etc. to make your online experience easier. While unscrupulous web developers may put these on your hard drive to collect data about you, reputable companies, such as J.L. Smith, your bank, and most e-commerce stores, only use them to make your life easier with passwords and such.
You can delete the cookies on your machine from your Internet Explorer browser by going to the “Tools” menu, clicking on “Internet Options…” and clicking on the “Delete Cookies…” button.
You can block cookies in IE by clicking on the “Security” tab in “Internet Options” and selecting a medium or high security level on the slider. You can also block cookies using a third-party tool such as ZoneAlarm from ZoneAlarm.com. This is a free product that also acts as personal firewall.
Who do I Contact if I have Additional Questions or Comments?
or write us at:
901 Blairhill Rd., Suite 400
Charlotte, NC 28217