At J.L. Smith and Flute World, our mission is to elevate the experience of musicians worldwide. This role will contribute to that mission by offering the highest quality customer service to our repair clientele. Appointments with our master repair technicians book up quickly! We need someone like you to coordinate our repair schedule, ensuring that the technicians aren’t overbooked, and our clients have their instruments back in time for the performance!
Deliver excellent customer service by quickly and knowledgeably responding to all repair calls and emailed inquiries.
Manage repair appointments for each of our locations through efficient scheduling and clear communication of priorities each week.
Perfect the flow! Email appointment reminders and send shipping labels early and work to balance the schedule.
Cultivate relationships with existing repair customers and seek out new opportunities and relationships.
Ensure that all customers receive an accurate estimate, are billed/invoiced correctly, and payment is collected on time.
Administer our Flute Care program: communicate the renewal info, process payments, follow up.
Coordinate the receiving and shipping of repair instruments.
Strong communication skills via phone, email, and in person
Positive, results oriented personality
Excellent organizational skills
Professional demeanor and appearance
Musical background preferred
This position is full-time in our Charlotte, NC office. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5:30pm.
Contact: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
J.L. Smith is looking for skilled flute technicians to join our team. Flutists (as well as all musicians!) are discriminating about the quality and care of their instruments, and we’re looking for colleagues who will bring that level of passion and detail to the set-up, maintenance, and repair of our client’s instruments.
• Service instruments to the highest standards
- Assess instruments and provide client estimates
- Successfully and efficiently troubleshoot and complete repair work
- Perform COA (Clean, Oil, Adjust) services and Mechanical Restorations
• Maintain store stock
- Inspect new inventory
- Prepare instruments for trials, appointments, and shows
• Evaluate pre-owned instruments for potential consignment/inventory purchases
• Maintain an organized and clean work space
• Provide feedback on various prototypes, parts, and supplies
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in wind instrument repair with emphasis on flute (preferred but not required)
• Ability to perform a basic play test on flute and piccolo
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Ability to interact with clients in a friendly manner
• Strong curiosity and desire to learn
• Able to organize and problem solve
• Ability to perform at the highest level with strong commitment to craft and detail
Medical and dental benefits
Paid vacation and holidays
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org