Instrument Trial Coordinator- application deadline 7/20/19
J.L. Smith & Co. (Flute World) is looking for an Instrument
Trial Coordinator in our Charlotte, NC location to handle the administration of
our in-home instrument trials company-wide. This integral role will ensure that
all instruments are up to J.L. Smith standards, and trials are sent out and
received back in a timely manner, supporting the sales team and boosting
instrument sales company wide.
The ideal candidate is a flute player, organized, efficient,
personable, and eager to learn more about the brands, models and features of
the instruments we carry. This position is an excellent training ground for
Flute Sales, providing opportunity for growth within the company. This
full-time position is eligible for benefits, including a 401k plan, medical,
dental, and vision, as well as personal time accrual and paid holidays after an
Receive and prioritize all flute, piccolo, and head
joint trial orders from sales team.
Coordinate instrument needs; ensure that all
instruments are set-up/touched-up by technicians as needed.
Play test instruments to ensure J.L. Smith standards.
Package trials and prepare shipments.
Ensure that all trials are sent out and received
back into inventory in a timely fashion.
Check instruments back in from trial.
Play-test inventory and completed customer
Keep instruments clean.
Participate in inventory counts
Receive new inventory.
Keep stock area clean.
Alert Sales Manager of stock levels.
Maintain instrument shipping supplies (boxes,
foam, trial pads, etc.)
Possible scheduling of customer repairs.
Keep systems up to date with any price changes.
Check outgoing trial paperwork for accuracy.
Musical background, with a concentration in
Ability to perform a basic play test on flute
Excellent verbal and written communication
Professional demeanor and appearance.
Interest in sales and customer service.
Ability to interact with clients and coworkers
in a friendly manner.
Able to organize and problem solve.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Able to learn CRM software (NetSuite) quickly
and utilize system to full potential.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.___________________________________________________________________________________
J.L. Smith is looking for skilled flute technicians to join our team. Flutists (as well as all musicians!) are discriminating about the quality and care of their instruments, and we’re looking for colleagues who will bring that level of passion and detail to the set-up, maintenance, and repair of our client’s instruments.
• Service instruments to the highest standards
- Assess instruments and provide client estimates
- Successfully and efficiently troubleshoot and complete repair work
- Perform COA (Clean, Oil, Adjust) services and Mechanical Restorations
• Maintain store stock
- Inspect new inventory
- Prepare instruments for trials, appointments, and shows
• Evaluate pre-owned instruments for potential consignment/inventory purchases
• Maintain an organized and clean work space
• Provide feedback on various prototypes, parts, and supplies
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in wind instrument repair with emphasis on flute (preferred but not required)
• Ability to perform a basic play test on flute and piccolo
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional demeanor and appearance
• Ability to interact with clients in a friendly manner
• Strong curiosity and desire to learn
• Able to organize and problem solve
• Ability to perform at the highest level with strong commitment to craft and detail
Medical and dental benefits
Paid vacation and holidays
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org