Instrument Repair Schools
- CIOMIT – Colorado Institute of Musical Instrument Technology
- Merton College
- Minnesota State College (Red Wing)
- Lincoln College – Musical Instrument Crafts
- Renton Technical College
- Trevor Head
- Western Iowa Technical
We will not sell, trade, or rent your information to third party businesses or marketing companies!
Registering with J.L. Smith enables you to more quickly make your purchase without having to enter your data over and over again. It also allows you to receive the latest news and information from J.L. Smith including intermittent promotions geared to your organization and needs, access to free samples, information kits, instructional videos, a free subscription to the J.L. Smith newsletter, as well as premium customer support.
How Do We Use the Information You Provide Us?
We may use any information you provide us within our own company for marketing and research purposes. We may also use information about your product preferences to send special offers or items we believe you might be interested in via email, postcards or brochures. You may elect to be removed from our mailing list by written request sent by email to [email protected] or mailed to J.L. Smith, 901 Blairhill Rd., Suite 400, Charlotte, NC 28217.
We retain the right to release your personal information to proper authorities when required by law or when we, in good faith, believe that we must release the information in order to: (a) satisfy a legal order or comply with legal process; (b) defend the rights of J.L. Smith, its affiliates or business partners; or (c) protect the personal safety of J.L. Smith employees, agents, affiliates, business partners, customers or site users.
How can you Change your Profile information?
We strive to maintain only accurate data on all of our customers and web site users. If you find errors in any of your personal information, please notify us in one of the following ways, and we will be happy to correct it.
1. Edit your registration information online by clicking on the My Account button in the e-commerce section of the site.
2. Send an email with your corrections to [email protected].
3. Mail your changes to:
J.L. Smith & Co.
901 Blairhill Rd., Suite 400
Charlotte, NC 28217
4. Or call us at toll free at: 800.659.6073
Technology Used To Protect Your Privacy
We use the latest SSL Server Certified 128-bit encryption to protect your data. J.L. Smith protects you and your information by using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL). SSL transparently encrypts the data between your browser and our server, so we can better process credit card orders, protect sensitive personal information.
Cookies and Your Privacy?
There are two main types of cookies that can be transmitted via a web page interaction.
1. Transient cookie: This puts data into the temporary memory of your browser to convey information (if you are filling out an order form for example) from one screen to the next. This type of cookie only lasts as long as your browser is open (or it can time out at about 20 -120 minutes or so). Once you close your browser this cookie disappears and is gone for good.
2. Persistent Cookies: these are bits of data that are stored on your machine’s hard drive. These can be used to store ID’s, logins, passwords, etc. to make your online experience easier. While unscrupulous web developers may put these on your hard drive to collect data about you, reputable companies, such as J.L. Smith, your bank, and most e-commerce stores, only use them to make your life easier with passwords and such.
You can delete the cookies on your machine from your Internet Explorer browser by going to the “Tools” menu, clicking on “Internet Options…” and clicking on the “Delete Cookies…” button.
You can block cookies in IE by clicking on the “Security” tab in “Internet Options” and selecting a medium or high security level on the slider. You can also block cookies using a third-party tool such as ZoneAlarm from ZoneAlarm.com. This is a free product that also acts as personal firewall.
Who do I Contact if I have Additional Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions about our privacy policies, our website or J.L. Smith in general, please contact us at:
or write us at:
901 Blairhill Rd., Suite 400
Charlotte, NC 28217
The term ‘ JL Smith’, ‘us’, or ‘we’ refers to the owner of this website whose main office is located at 901 Blairhill Rd. Suite 400 Charlotte, NC 28217 USA. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of this website.
What is “Batch Built”?
Batch Built is a description we apply to our machined tools that are periodically made in batches.
Each time we make a new batch, the product’s design, function, specifications, and materials are reviewed with the design and production teams. We are constantly improving our tools and finding ways to make them more economically.
Although we work hard to ensure our essential tools, pads, parts and supplies are always available, Batch Built tools are not in stock at all times.
How can I order Batch Built tools?
If a Batch Built tool is out of stock it cannot be ordered, but you can enter your email address on the product page in the field “Email when stock available” and click “Notify Me”.
We don’t want to hold up orders that include Batch Built items if they cannot be delivered, particularly if those items are not yet on our production schedule and have no ETA.
Which items are Batch Built?
Click here to see a full list of Batch Built tools.